What is a Deep Tissue Massage?
Here at Compass Physio both in Tullyallen and in Catlecomer we have trained therapists who carry out deep tissue and sports massage.
They use a range of techniques to mobilsie and manipulate the muscles. Sessions on average last between 30 and 60 minutes and involve a thorough history around the problem that you present with.
There are numerous benefits to a deep tissue massage including:
- Reducing injury risk in both people who are involved in sports and indeed those who have more sedentary job that can involve a lot of sitting or driving.
- Enhance performance during activity. This can include the sporting element where with less muscle tightness people can move more easily. Often for non sporty people there can be a reduction in discomfort and pain leading to greater concentration levels and focus enhancing performance in work.
- Speed up the recovery and healing process after an injury. Massage can help to assist the body in clearing away negative cells from an injury site and assist in gaining return to function quicker.
- Help with diagnosing issues before they arise. A skilled therapist may identify areas of tension that if left untreated could lead to further issues. You may also be given some exercises to keep the muscles mobile.
- Lower psychological stress and can promote the release of positive hormones like oxytocin and serotonin.
All of our therapists have advanced qualifications with most working in professional sport.
If you are unsure if Deep Tissue Massage may benefit you you can drop us an email on (email@example.com) or give us a call. To make a physio appointment click here or call 041 984 7545
Compass Physio Tullyallen