This time of year is a wonderful time of year for so many reasons. The opportunity to relax, spend time with family and celebrate together. Christmas brings with it happiness for so many of us, whether it be indulging in food, singing carols, buying presents or kids excitement- it really is an enjoyable time.
For some it will be a not so happy time the year, maybe evoking emotion and anxiety. Whether it is financial pressure, health issues, changing family dynamics, bereavement or other circumstances. Feeling low or tearful this festive season will be an unfortunate reality for so many. If things get too much, please speak to someone. It is up to us all to remember this and spend time with those that need us. Providing support and being there for someone is the greatest gift of them all.
This time of year is also the time of year to look forward and plan ahead. It is important to take stock and reflect on the highs and lows of the last year. Understanding what went well and what didn’t go so well, will go a long way when thinking about the year ahead. A successful year ahead can mean so many different things to so many different people. We have put together 5 top things that are important to us here at Compass Physio. These pillars may help you when considering about your own year ahead.
- Health – Being healthier does not mean running a marathon. It can be as simple as taking time out of your busy life to exercise a little bit every day. Even if it’s just a walk. Buddy up! Having the support of someone else can be not only motivating but bring social benefit. If you are carrying a knock, worried about your body and exercise get it assessed now to give you a good footing for 2019.
- Family – Spending time with the people that mean the most to you is important to us all. Sometimes work and pressures outside dictate that this does not always happen. Thinking about ways to better manage your time and commitments will help.
- Financial Security – Budgeting is an important process when it comes to managing money that so many of us do not do. A simplistic pen and paper approach (Excel for those IT gifted) with a monthly plan of incomings and outgoings is a very good strategy.
- Friends – This means making time to do activities with people other than work or family. This can be as simple as sharing a coffee and having a chat. Having someone you trust to speak to as a sounding board other than work or family can be really helpful when dealing with pressure. Equally being there for someone that needs your advice can be very uplifting.
- Ambition – Go after it! This can be in any form of life – work, social clubs etc. Find a passion that you enjoy and bring your best.
Finally a big thank you to everyone for their continued support throughout 2018. From all the staff at Compass Physio, we wish you a successful 2019!