So you are driving along in your car and the warning light comes on in the car, what do you do? Generally you call someone or bring it to the garage to get it checked out (unless you’re like me when your 17 and keep driving – bad expensive idea!!, but that’s for another day). The point I’m trying to make is your body also gives you signals everyday, all you have to do is listen in order to improve your health.
People on average spend more time and money looking after their cars and bikes than they do on their bodies. So here are some tips to help you choose how to respond to your body’s warning signals. Remember just like a car, early intervention is better otherwise you breakdown!
Essential Tips – Here is a quick list to get you thinking about how you can improve your health. If you’re unsure where to start we can help point you in the right direction.
- Stiffness – Start stretching more regularly, I always tell our patients at Compass Physio in Tullyallen and Castlecomer that we’re essentially like animals in make up. Most animals stretch everyday!! We’re too busy – so start stretching
- Clothes don’t fit you – Don’t go to the shop and buy the next size up, make an effort to get back to your original weight. It’s 80/20….80% what you put in your mouth and 20% exercise (Pregnancy is the exception)
- Feeling stressed or anxious – Try meditation, yoga, counselling or regular exercise
- Reoccurring Injury – Book an appointment with Compass Physio, we can help plan your recovery and return to activity
- Tiredness – Look at your lifestyle, maybe change sleep habits or diet, also get a regular GP check up
- Tooth ache – Go see the dentist
- Difficult with eyesight – Get an eye test, you may require glasses as you get older
So in summary remember that early intervention and regular check ups with your health practitioners lead to a better overall health plan.